Graduation Weekend Guide 2018
Friday – May 4
- 4:00 PM – Senior graduation walk through at Ross–Elliss Auditorium. It is vital that you attend the rehearsal.
- 7:00 PM – Welcome Back Dinner for celebrating classes (Ross–Ellis Building)
- 7:00 PM – Graduate School Reception – for all MA graduates and spouses (no children, please). (Location: Origins – A Divine Coffeehouse). We have reserved the whole coffeehouse for a special time of fellowship, sharing together, and celebration! Several of the top Capstone Projects will be presented. All beverages and desserts are complimentary
Saturday – May 5
- 8:00 AM – Steve Teter Memorial Golf Tournament registration (8:30 AM shotgun start) – To sign–up or for more information contact Larry Lewis at email@example.com.
- 10:30 AM – Brunch (College Cafeteria). For those graduate students and families who are interested (and not playing in the golf tournament), we will try to sit at tables together toward the back of the room.
- 3:00 PM – Dedication of Ross–Ellis Center for Arts and Ministry.
- 6:00 PM – Alumni Banquet (Hockett Auditorium). New graduates are part of the Alumni Association of Barclay College. Your ticket is paid for and you are allowed to purchase two tickets for guests to attend the banquet. Tickets are $20.00 ea. A dessert reception to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of BC will be held afterward in the Cafeteria. Contact Ryan Haase at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP if you are not yet pre–registered!!
Sunday – May 6
- 10:00 AM – Baccalaureate Service at Ross Ellis Auditorium.
- 3:00 PM – Commencement at Ross–Ellis Auditorium.
- 5:00 PM – Graduation Reception in Ross-Ellis Center
Lodging can be a problem if you are not familiar with the Haviland area or if you wait until the last minute to make reservations. It is not unusual to have over 300 people attending the Alumni Banquet on Saturday night. Many people make reservations for graduation weekend in January and February. The greatest selection of motels are in Pratt, KS which is 20 miles to the east of Haviland on U.S. highway 54/400. There are also options in Greensburg, KS.
The Barclay College cafeteria serves excellent meals, is reasonably priced, and is well known in the area for its excellence. Many people from the area drive to Haviland to eat the Sunday noon meal in our cafeteria. Below, you will also find a list of links for restaurants in Haviland and other nearby towns.
P.S. Let Us Host You!
If you are traveling through Kansas and would like to spend a day or two at Barclay College, please let us host you. We have apartments on campus for alumni and friends of the college. We would count it a privilege to have you on campus. If you visit during the school year, we would invite you to eat in the cafeteria as our guests, enjoy a chapel, visit a class, visit your friends and faculty on campus, and simply relax. If you every want to stay on campus just contact our friend Mr. Ryan Haase.
If you are looking for a location for a personal retreat we would be glad to accommodate you here for that occasion. You would be welcome to use our library resources, schedule appointments with faculty and administration, or create space for your own quiet reflection and renewal.
Sorry, we cannot accommodate anyone during graduation weekend.